2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My name is Xander, almost 38 and from the Netherlands (Ermelo). I'm married and have 2 sons.
After about 15 years of Nissans I'm going to switch to Honda and drive a black 5drs 1.4 i-VTEC Civic Silverstone in July. It is a leasecar where you have the main reason (tax) for choosing the 1.4 instead of the 1.8.
This was the first time I really considered other marques then Nissan. Since my sons grow up I needed a car that has enough space on the rear seats. My current Almera is already becomming too small. The Nissan Note has good space, but drives pretty bad and looks very cheap. The Qashqai is too expensive and I'm not that much into high cars. So I opted for a Toyota Auris (nice, but pretty boring and too small seats), Prius (that car smells like brussels sprouts, not my cup of tea, I'm 65 years too young for that), Subaru Impreza (too small in the rear and very cheaplooking inside), Ford Focus (also too small in the rear and of course an extremely boring 6-per-street car) and Mitsubishi Lancer. The Lancer was good as well, but the only car that gave me a really big smile while driving was the Civic. And of course it looks very, very good. :) My first drive was in a 1.8, but I've driven the new 1.4 (100bhp) as well. It's quick enough (no sportscar of course) for a daily drive and the environment-aspect together with the lower taxes made it the car of my choice.
As option it will have a Remus sportsexhaust, so it will have the 1.8-like double triangle exhausts with a bit extra sound.

Now I have to wait until July....

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all.
Black for sure looks best on the Civic imho. :)

·
Administrator
19,178 Posts
Welcome to the place :)

Well at least you have something to do in reading everything on here by then ;)

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
welcome aboard

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts

Welcome to the forum.:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Xander, welkom op het forum :)

Do you have to wait until July because that's when you can trade in your existing car or is the delivery time for the Civic that long?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
you have a pretty finnish sounding name for a dutch guy :D
Yep, it's the Finnish version of my Dutch name given to me by Finnish friends.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Xander, welkom op het forum :)

Do you have to wait until July because that's when you can trade in your existing car or is the delivery time for the Civic that long?
Dank je!
Yes, the car is ordered in week 6, expected delivery date is 26 June. Our company has a rule that cars may only be delivered on the first 5 days of the month, so that means I'll sleep in front of the dealer building the night of 1 July.
At first the deliverytime was about 6 to 8 weeks, but because of the factory-closedown it will have become this long. I'm not that happy about it since my current leasecontract ends at 14 may, so I'll have a temporary car for 1,5 month. That will be a Golf, Astra of another 8-per-streetcar I don't want to drive....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts