2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a new 68 Plate SR, and want to update the Garmin Sat Nav on the Honda Connect with Speed Camera functionality.

1) How do I do this?
2) "I think" I found a link on here, but it refers to 9G and when I click on it, it says I do not have rights to view it.

If anyone can give me advice about this (the clearer the instructions the better)

·
Administrator
20,945 Posts
As you've found, there is a very long thread about this already, however, it's limited to Supporters only as it contains copyright info.

It can be done but involves reinstalling the maps every time, plus you need the Garmin or PGPSW database, neither of which are free.

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
If you're looking for speed camera alerts, IMO, You may be better off installing Camsam (There should be information on installing 3rd party apps on the 10G somewhere around here) - That way, the headunit can be tethered to your phone for far more frequent updates.
The camsam app will run happily in the background, and will give warnings for any upcoming cameras ("Speed camera in 500 metres"), with additional popover widgets giving a visual cue.
In addition to speed cameras, It will also warn you of danger spots.

·
Administrator
20,945 Posts
I agree.

I've got the PGPSW CamerAlert on my Android phone, connected to the 9G Alpine headunit and works perfectly.

Mutes the audio, issues the warning, then returns audio.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, thanks.

I'll investigate and see if I can locate the 10G link installing and setting up for CamSam.

:smile3:

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
I have downloaded camsam, will it be displayed on the head unit? Not had chance to look into yet

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Has anyone tried running the Tomtom Android speed camera app on the Honda Connect system?
I've had a look at Camsam but it looks far more complicated than Tomtom Speed camera app.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Has anyone tried running the Tomtom Android speed camera app on the Honda Connect system?
I've had a look at Camsam but it looks far more complicated than Tomtom Speed camera app.
The TomTom app isn't supported by Android Auto, so no, it wont display on the screen in the car.
Have you thought about trying Waze?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts