2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Hondanews.eu

The mass production Civic Tourer will be unveiled to the public for the first time at the 2013 Frankfurt Motor Show. The exterior design of the Civic Tourer is sleek and sophisticated whilst also offering class leading interior space.

The new Civic Tourer was developed and designed in Europe and will be built at Honda’s UK manufacturing factory. It will be launched from early 2014.

The Civic range will be further strengthened with the addition of an updated Civic 5-door, featuring exterior and interior refinements which will be displayed for the first time at Frankfurt Motor Show.

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone have any info about the possible updates on the 5 door? Earth Dreams engines, new automatic?

·
Registered
827 Posts
Does anyone have any info about the possible updates on the 5 door? Earth Dreams engines, new automatic?
No official info yet :rolleyes:

I believe that they will officially announce that they are dropping the 2.2 i-DTEC but I don't expect any other engine that the ones they announced for the Civic Tourer (1.6 i-DTEC manual & 1.8 i-VTEC manual/auto). The 1.6 is already "Earth Dreams".

It seems that the US 4d Civic will get a CVT box for the 2014 model to replace the current 5-sp auto ... don't know if they will apply the same to the EU model :confused:
Apparently the 1.8 engine (R18) won't be replaced by an "Earth Dreams" one before 2015/16.

·
Registered
469 Posts
From the pictures of the Tourer we can see that they added a few cosmetics like the alu accents to the vents on the interior and changed the "Y" under the grill from grey to black. Other then that I would expect further updates to the i-mid, maybe the adaptive suspension as an option. Nothing groundbreaking it seems. I think we will see a real facelift with new engines, etc. together with the launch of the Type R in 2015.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,254 Posts
From Hondanews.eu

The mass production Civic Tourer will be unveiled to the public for the first time at the 2013 Frankfurt Motor Show. The exterior design of the Civic Tourer is sleek and sophisticated whilst also offering class leading interior space.

The new Civic Tourer was developed and designed in Europe and will be built at Honda’s UK manufacturing factory. It will be launched from early 2014.

The Civic range will be further strengthened with the addition of an updated Civic 5-door, featuring exterior and interior refinements which will be displayed for the first time at Frankfurt Motor Show.
Interesting

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We had it from a good source that there will be a Type S coming too!!!

But with regards to the changes some imid mods and the tourer shows some of the interior changes.
Our dealer mentioned that there will be a stronger 1.6 diesel, approximately 150-160hp. Do you have any info on that one?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Our dealer mentioned that there will be a stronger 1.6 diesel, approximately 150-160hp. Do you have any info on that one?
Only speculations of a "hot" version on the 1.6 - but time will tell. Information is kept closed guarded.

A lot of additions and removals to the range with Honda over the next 2 years

·
Registered
469 Posts
In Germany they are finishing off the Honda CR-Z. Is it the same in other countries?

·
Registered
827 Posts
Yes cr-z and the insight for the Uk
So basically, there are 3 models left for Honda in Europe (Jazz, Civic & CR-V) as there are some rumors that the Euro Accord (same model as the US Acura TSX) production has already stopped :confused:

Let's hope that the Civic Tourer & CR-V 1.6 will bring some new customer because it must be quite tough for Honda dealers to survive with such a small amount of models ... and the biggest selling one (Jazz) being at the end of its commercial life.

·
Registered
203 Posts
So basically, there are 3 models left for Honda in Europe (Jazz, Civic & CR-V) as there are some rumors that the Euro Accord (same model as the US Acura TSX) production has already stopped :confused:

Let's hope that the Civic Tourer & CR-V 1.6 will bring some new customer because it must be quite tough for Honda dealers to survive with such a small amount of models ... and the biggest selling one (Jazz) being at the end of its commercial life.
Will be a difficult time - new jazz will help a little - although I'm not sure where it is being built - rumoured to be either japan or china.

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
New CR-Z was promised for 2015 by its project leader, sorry don't remember the name and the source, but it was mentioned several times earlier.

Ito san promised a new Euro Accord too to caradvice.com.au. I think judging from the market directions that it will be the US Acura TLX to step up into the premium segment, as mainstreem big sedans do not really sell, except the Passat.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
New CR-Z was promised for 2015 by its project leader, sorry don't remember the name and the source, but it was mentioned several times earlier.

Ito san promised a new Euro Accord too to caradvice.com.au. I think judging from the market directions that it will be the US Acura TLX to step up into the premium segment, as mainstreem big sedans do not really sell, except the Passat.
Yes, that is the only article where I've seen mention of the next Accord Euro.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts