2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, around the gear knob and doors are vinyl wrapped( not perfect) and the rest is interior pin stripe. Planning on spraying the alloys next

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Man Tidy Civic you got there, i just remapped my own 2.2 diesel 2007 put some nice smooth maps added a little boost and boosted the torque to 280nm, if your interested in having your car mapped let me know can get that sorted for you.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Man Tidy Civic you got there, i just remapped my own 2.2 diesel 2007 put some nice smooth maps added a little boost and boosted the torque to 280nm, if your interested in having your car mapped let me know can get that sorted for you.
Thanks I appreciate that I’m not planning on doing anything serious to it as it’s just gone past 140,000miles🙁, it’s my first civic and so far having quite some fun in it.
Just curious how much the remap is and is it noticeable?

·
Super Moderator
2,901 Posts
i assume that at that mileage it has a "new" clutch.
mapping on an old worn out one could prove expensive.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes it has had a new clutch apparently tbh I bought it cheap as it had been declared a write off by the previous owner, he hit a small post and smashed the front bumper headlight and minor ripples in the bonnet so had it fixed and loved the car ever since, there’s no point in my mind on doing any sort of engine mods as like you said I’ll just end up sinking a lot of money into a car that’s not worth it. Maybe on my next car though

·
Registered
2 Posts
Its much much nicer to drive, I wrote the map myself so I didn't add any drastic boost or massive torque I smoothed out all of the maps eliminated the flat spots upped the torque to 280nm peak it's safe upto 295 on standard components. I like it alot more now much more driveability smoothing the boost eliminated me grabbing gears when the revs are low this thing just pulls now. My car has got 170k and I just mapper it as long as your engine and box are in good condition I wouldn't worry too much mate, mod the f**k out of it it's just a car at the end of the day have fun and be responsible.

I can map your car for you I can write you a custom map so it drives how you want it, or I can show you the difference on my car and you can have the same map written for you.

I can do it for £100 + fuel to you from me

1 - 11 of 11 Posts