2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

Just joined this site and have been reading with great interest about the connect system.
I have just bought an 16 plate 1.6 Tourer which seems to have a few problems (the connect system) which means I have a few questions!
How would I know if it has the RC8 update, as it seems to fix problems (my screen freezes now and again) and is it something that has to be done at a dealer?
Map updates, I believe that the first 5 are free? is this true with a second hand car?
Thank in advance.

Mike.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
Given the issues @rob.e 's dealer had with the RC8 update, I'd take it back to the dealer - But get it done under the warranty; State the frezees as a complaint rather than asking directly for the update ;)

If you want any other general info, have a look at my "Honda file share" thread :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Haltamer

I think I read that thread, very worrying!
And with my unbelievably limited knowledge of anything computer (I'm a mechanical fossil fuel man) I think you are right!
I've been reading a lot of your posts and have to admit to not having a scooby what your talking about! But I am going to attempt a map upgrade when I get home.....Wish me luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts