2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all. I'm looking for some bulbs to improve visibility, but I don't want to upgrade to HID's, I got some from halfrauds, some anti glare things, they glow yellow, and to put it politely there a load of tripe! So what bulbs do you recommend that will improve visibility during night time driving.
Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Osram Nightbreakers. Massive improvement over OEM

·
Banned
7,705 Posts
Evening all. I'm looking for some bulbs to improve visibility, but I don't want to upgrade to HID's, I got some from halfrauds, some anti glare things, they glow yellow, and to put it politely there a load of tripe! So what bulbs do you recommend that will improve visibility during night time driving.
Thanks in advance.
If brightness is what your looking for then Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited's are spot on. Beware that they do still look yellow. If you have styling in mind then have a look at the bulbs I supply.

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If brightness is what your looking for then Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited's are spot on. Beware that they do still look yellow. If you have styling in mind then have a look at the bulbs I supply.

It's not really styling I'm looking for, just improved visibility in the night, the yellow ones just look daft IMO, more suited to a chaved up corsa or something.

·
Super Moderator
7,124 Posts
It's not really styling I'm looking for, just improved visibility in the night, the yellow ones just look daft IMO, more suited to a chaved up corsa or something.
This is the spectral output of a typical halogen bulb.

Its main emission is heat,
When you add those blue filters they remove some of the red, the darker the blue filter the more of the reds, yellow are removed.
This is why these bulbs give off less light since there is not much blue light to start off with

This is the spectral output of a HID.

It naturally gives off blues, yellows, greens so you get that white look, without losing lumens.

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Osram or Philips X-treme will improve visibility, some of PIAA offerings are also worth a look.

You will be hard pushed to improve drastically though, without going down the HID route.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I really wanted improved visability not styling and I bought those today:philips White Vision Xenon Effect.
took a car for a drive tonight and they really look great. I recommend .

·
1.4 can look awsome too
402 Posts
Philips xtreme vision are the way to go, just burnt out mine in both H7 and high beam H1, replaced them from Philips xtreme vision 100% to the new version: Philips xtreme vision 130%, I dont think you can do any better than this with halogen at same watt range.

Life span is a bit lower though,I think mine lasted around 1,5-2 years maybe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts