2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after waiting for several weeks, just for the privilege of having my Dealer extract large amounts of money from my wallet, the Civic is finally having the work done today :-
  • Fit an auto-mirror closer
  • Change the CD-Player
  • Reinstall the Dension 300
  • Install a 'Magic Box'
  • Install a reversing camera
  • Install Digital Throttle Controller
  • Change front fog and side light bulbs
They looked totally 'non-plussed' by all this - so, I'll see how they get on (said they'll need the car until tomorrow) ! ...

So, they supplied me with a loan car - a 3 door Citroen DS3 diesel - not impressed ...

The ride is reasonably good and the interior looks nice - but it stops there ...

It's only a few months old, but a piece of the internal trim has already fallen off, and some external trim is on its way ...

The gear shift travel is very long, but the clutch is even longer ! - and the brakes have only two modes, off and 'slam' ...

The 0-100 kph time is measured in minutes - oh, and the front seat tilt \ slide mechanism refuses to work on one side - plus, when the front armrest is down, it obstructs the handbrake ...

I really REALLY hope that I get my Civic back today !!! ...

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
im pleased for you!!

can wait to see what you think of the Digital Throttle Controller:p

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
So, they supplied me with a loan car - a 3 door Citroen DS3 diesel - not impressed ...

The ride is reasonably good and the interior looks nice - but it stops there ...

It's only a few months old, but a piece of the internal trim has already fallen off, and some external trim is on its way ...

The gear shift travel is very long, but the clutch is even longer ! - and the brakes have only two modes, off and 'slam' ...

The 0-100 kph time is measured in minutes - oh, and the front seat tilt \ slide mechanism refuses to work on one side - plus, when the front armrest is down, it obstructs the handbrake ...
It's French, what do you expect? :p

·
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm pleased for you!! Can't wait to see what you think of the Digital Throttle Controller. :p
I'll do a review when I get the car back - then another review when the K&N 57i air filter is also installed ...

It's French, what do you expect? :p
Not a lot - which is what I got ! ...

·
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I had the DS3 on the Motorway, on the way home ...

Once you DO manage to stir the engine into life, it's actually quite sprightly ...

But, the effective 'power band' is very narrow - between 3000 and 4500 rpm - and in second gear, it struggled up the little hill to my house, where the Civic just cruises up ...

So, to sum up, it's still a piece of crap !!! ...

·
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, everything is now installed - but the reversing camera shows a black screen ! ...

(I'll have word with [Bog] and [Mr Bozo] regarding fault-finding) ...

The good news is that my new front fog and side lights are very nice, the replacement CD-player is perfect, the Dension 300 is fully functional, and the auto door mirror unit works perfectly ...

Better still, the Digital Throttle Controller (3-Pivot) does exactly what it says on the box ! - on "Sport 7" setting, the throttle response is very noticeably better (there are levels 1 through 7) - whereas on "Eco" it's less responsive - VERY HAPPY - I recommend this piece of kit :cool: ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts