2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have problems with the battery draining really quick because of the power thats being drawn from it. 2 amps, 2 subs and 2 high power speakers...

What other LARGER batteries will fit in the civic? Anyone got any suggestions?

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
I have problems with the battery draining really quick because of the power thats being drawn from it. 2 amps, 2 subs and 2 high power speakers ... What other LARGER batteries will fit in the civic? Anyone got any suggestions?
You can fit the battery for a 2.2 - at least it's been done for the 1.8 ...

[amronno] certainly did it - he had to change the battery tray and ties as well ...

There are Bosch S6 units as well as the OEM 2.2 batteries ...

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
Just a suggestion, have you looked into upgrading the alternator instead?

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
Why not get a power cap ?
That wouldn't solve the problem, a power cap doesn't create more power (Ah) it just stops the amplifier drawing power directly from the battery or alternator and having a negative effect on the cars electrical systems.

This says its for a type R and its an uprated one at 65Ah I think the standard is 52Ah
This is an uprated battery for a 2.2 its rates at 77Ah

·
OMG8THGENEX
840 Posts
Standard battery is 45Ah... just for reference! ;)

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why not get a power cap ?
As tom explained a cap wont help... already have one anyway.

Just a suggestion, have you looked into upgrading the alternator instead?
Alternator isnt the problem. The battery charges fine its just with the engine off the battery doesnt last more than 15-20 mins even with the radio off.

so im just really after a battery that will last longer while the engine is not running so upping the ah will do the job, just wondering what batteries are reccomended.

·
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
941 Posts
Try wiring the amp to turn on with the ignition not battery.
Exactly, normally the amps should not be active when the stereo is off. As there's not a remote feed from the standard HU an ignition switched feed would be a good option.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts