2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, I'm interested in upgrading my speakers in my 5 door 2010 civic.

I have the SSD sat nav double din that honda put in the T grade models.I think it's more powerful than the stock head unit but not sure. Anyway I think a speaker upgrade would work well.

I have found some nice hertz speakers and rings that fit the front.

My question is, are the back door speakers the same size and needing the same speaker rings as the front doors. Then I could get two sets.

Many thanks.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
I recently replaced all of the speakers in my five door, and yes the rear door speakers are the same size in a five door and do need the same adaptor plates as the front doors.:smile3:

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I recently replaced all of the speakers in my five door, and yes the rear door speakers are the same size in a five door and do need the same adaptor plates as the front doors.:smile3:
Thanks mate. Really helpful.

Do the rear speakers have a different plug to the front ones (oem).

I believe this will fit for the front:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181720415472?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

But this is listed for the back.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201333173326?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Can you remember at all ? Do both the front and rear oem speakers have the same plug fitting ?

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone know the maximum speaker depth that can be fitted with speaker rings ?

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can I ask what speakers you went for ?

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Have you bought the speakers yet? I have some cheap Rockford Fosgate t162s front components i'm selling if you're interested. They're better than any entry level stuff, although if you're looking at high end Hertz those are very good. I got Hertz HCX 165XLs not long ago and they are epic with a good amp and HU

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Guys, do not forget that in front doors there is water flow, speakers are not isolated from water flow. If you go after market dabble din and after marked speakers, add speakers who has water resistant.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Guys, do not forget that in front doors there is water flow, speakers are not isolated from water flow. If you go after market dabble din and after marked speakers, add speakers who has water resistant.
Is there many options for water resistant speakers ???? LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts