2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I want to upgrade my speaker from the manufacture ones in my type S GT, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what to get?

The joy of owning a honda civic!!

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
I am looking to do the same. I have recently installed a new HU and now looking to get some decent speakers. I came across speaker sets with honda adapters such as edge and fli. I found those on ebay so maybe worth a look there ? Ones I am looking at at the moment are edge ed205. They are £30 including adapters.

I would personally recommend looking for known brands like with anything as at least you will know they will last. I am no expert but I have heard good things about Vibe, Edge and Fli.

Are you looking to do the full upgrade or just the front ?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am looking to do the same. I have recently installed a new HU and now looking to get some decent speakers. I came across speaker sets with honda adapters such as edge and fli. I found those on ebay so maybe worth a look there ? Ones I am looking at at the moment are edge ed205. They are £30 including adapters.

I would personally recommend looking for known brands like with anything as at least you will know they will last. I am no expert but I have heard good things about Vibe, Edge and Fli.

Are you looking to do the full upgrade or just the front ?

Ive heard a lot about pioneer that they do the best when it comes to in car entertainment so I might head that way.

Im looking to do a full upgrade both back and front an mostly likely tweeters as well

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
I found that sound proofing the doors and upgrading to an amplified head unit made a massive difference and once you take the bass out of the speakers and put it through sub they are more than good enough for most.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah someones mentioned sound proofing to me before but it look like probably one of the main things is to change the HU as that makes quite a difference, so I think after I do that the i can make a decision on the speakers

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
I highly recommend Rainbows!!

They are a little expensive (£80ish from Amazon) but my god they are so clear!!!

Haven't soundproofed yet but my sub just shakes the doors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts