2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

So I bought my first car, a Civic 08 SE, I'm more than happy with everything other than the standard headunit.

I've browsed these forums but I've become a little impatient - sorry.

Cany someone tell me exactly what I need please?

I would like Satnav, Bluetooth and a reversing camera, can I just buy a head unit and the connect2 kit or do I need some other bits too?

I was thinking a Pumpkin headunit but if anyone has any recommendations I'm all ears.

Thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've recently fitted an Android head unit to my Civic.
You'll need the Connects2 CTSH0002AA (stereo connector, patch lead and aerial adapter)
A fascia panel for the dash to replace the OEM stereo and fit the double din into.
Remove the centre console and dash parts to get the OEM stereo out (glove box helps as well)
Hardest bits are the small triangular dash panel above stereo and the rear hatch interior trim (reverse camera installation) and getting the cable from the reverse camera to the dash.
Before -

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
Problem with a lot of double din headunits is they can be hard to see in the civic as its tiled away from you. But looking at the post above, seems that kind of variant removes that issue.

Also, thats a clean install of the reversing camera underneath the licensee plate.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How difficult is it to do myself?
I was thinking of just getting the parys and paying someone to install it, at least the first time, perhaps if I watch I can get an idea of what to do next time?

Thank-you for the replies.

·
Registered
125 Posts
It's not hard if your generally handy or installed a system before.

They're how to's on how to remove the panels, which I would follow as you won't break anything that way.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Depends how handy?
I mean I can build a PC and repair laptops and their screens but couldn't build a pallet planter!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've recently fitted an Android head unit to my Civic.
You'll need the Connects2 CTSH0002AA (stereo connector, patch lead and aerial adapter)
A fascia panel for the dash to replace the OEM stereo and fit the double din into.
Remove the centre console and dash parts to get the OEM stereo out (glove box helps as well)
Hardest bits are the small triangular dash panel above stereo and the rear hatch interior trim (reverse camera installation) and getting the cable from the reverse camera to the dash.
Before -
What head unit is that?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Removing the dash to fit the head unit isn't that difficult (follow the posts on here or the video on YouTube) the glove box will come out after the dash centre console is out, this helps with sorting the wires and connectors to the back of the new head unit (a bit tight at the back when putting the new unit in). Make sure you have everything you want to fit before starting as you don't want to have to remove the dash again.
I fitted reversing camera, dash cam, dab+, USB link for Torque Pro.
Like I said earlier, the worse bits are the triangular bit of trim above the radio and the rear hatch interior trim.
I would also recommend using the Honda double din dash trim and brackets, as these fit and look good, but the brackets fit to the rear of the dash trim and metal dash frame, but they aren't cheap (still have to cut the bottom left hand corner of the dash)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Will the Connects2 civic kit cover everything I need?
Sorry for the questions, just don't want to waste £100

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
That could help loads.
Its my first car so don't wanna do anything too major cos I already want something more but I guess that's life?

I can't take my eyes off The Type Rs

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Just read every guide, watch every video until you know the job to be done off by heart. It’s a brilliant upgrade and very satisfying tackling it yourself.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts