2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I have had my 9th Gen for a few months now, and i want to upgrade the standard head unit (basic one without satnav) to a nice touch screen one with satnav. Has anybody on here in the UK done this? If so how hard was it and what is a good unit ?

Cheers

Martin

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
I am upgrading the head unit in my car and will post a how-to in the next few days. Am editing photos and video at present. It was remarkably easy to do, much easier than the last model, which I did as well. I have fitted a Sony double din unit with mirrorlink which links to my phone and the screen mirrors the aps on the phone. The only disadvantage for satnav is that it runs on the phone and Google maps, for example, needs a data connection so won't work in remote areas. Very good offers at present on Sony and Pioneer units.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am upgrading the head unit in my car and will post a how-to in the next few days. Am editing photos and video at present. It was remarkably easy to do, much easier than the last model, which I did as well. I have fitted a Sony double din unit with mirrorlink which links to my phone and the screen mirrors the aps on the phone. The only disadvantage for satnav is that it runs on the phone and Google maps, for example, needs a data connection so won't work in remote areas. Very good offers at present on Sony and Pioneer units.
Hi mate, can you please post some photos for your upgraded head unit? cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts