2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Can anyone recommend me some uprated engine mounts for my FN2?

Many thanks

Ashley

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
I'm sure Spoon had an ETD on their FN2.

Not quite the same but closest I can think of.

Didn't Allagios customise his own mounts with some sort of resin?

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Ok, I'm gonna sound like a noob now, rather than heading off, researching it and keeping my Dignity I'm just gonna throw it out there. What effect do the engine mounts have? I know my friend who has a teg bangs on about them ... he got some for a friend of ours who had an ep3 and he too loved the result. Does it stop something from moving when you brake or something? hahaha. Clear this up for me gang..please

Reactions: keigo

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
Forgive me if I'm wrong (I'm sure someone will correct me if I am), but improved engine mounts are supposed to help with cornering, baking and accelerating are they not? My logic comes from the weight of the engine on the standard mounts will shift with the motion of the car, if you stiffen up the mounts slightly the shift in weight will not be as great?

:popcorn2:(please be gentle if I'm wrong) ;)

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I think it has a vast impact on gear change too, the less the engine moves around the less stress is placed on the gear box.

I have used ordinary garden hose on previous cars, cutting it into small lengths and inserting it into the gaps in the bushes. It worked very well and gear selection was a lot smoother.

i think window weld or something similar would work equally well.

Im a huge fan of doing things myself and if i can see a practical way of doing this rather than shelling out money for someone elses product then i will.

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
haha, great stuff. I would love to make my gear changing smoother as I'm sure I have a 3rd gear synchro issue but I'm finding it hard to get Honda to diagnose it as that. Maybe between this and a heavier gear knob it will feel a bit better. If any one does this themselves make a little how to guide for us please :)

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok, I'm gonna sound like a noob now, rather than heading off, researching it and keeping my Dignity I'm just gonna throw it out there. What effect do the engine mounts have? I know my friend who has a teg bangs on about them ... he got some for a friend of ours who had an ep3 and he too loved the result. Does it stop something from moving when you brake or something? hahaha. Clear this up for me gang..please
lol pabby I was thinking the same thing :D glad u asked.
Basically stops engine movement.

Reactions: TH3DOCTOR

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Basically stops engine movement.
Hahaha. Thanks for the detailed response buddy :) I guess it must be significant as people seem to love upgrading them

1 - 20 of 163 Posts