2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

I have tried to follow the guide on here to install them into the interior light circuit so that they dim when the door opens etc.

I am pooing myself now that I have used the wrong block out of the two. I thought I was using the correct one. One of mine is white and the other is blue. I found the green and light blue wires and connected with the scotch lock, using pliers, I pulled the block out and if I turn the interior lights on or close and then open the door all the interior lights come on but the LEDs don't, I have pressed firmly and the wires definitely look pierced. My concern is if the lights have come on with the block unplugged what the hell have I connected my wires too.

Here are a few pics. Please help!!!

Here you can see where the block was and the blue on in situ.

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't as there are so many wires even with a wiring diagram I would struggle to understand which ones they are. I'm convinced I have the wrong one now and worried I may have ballsed something up big time

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also how the hell do you take the scotch locks apart?

·
< User Title Goes Here >
632 Posts
I haven't as there are so many wires even with a wiring diagram I would struggle to understand which ones they are. I'm convinced I have the wrong one now and worried I may have ballsed something up big time
Youve made sure the negative is properly tight and cut on the scotch?

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Youve made sure the negative is properly tight and cut on the scotch?
They seem cut, I used pliers and there is very little of the metal piece left to press down. I don't want to slice through the wires, especially if they are the wrong ones!

·
< User Title Goes Here >
632 Posts
They seem cut, I used pliers and there is very little of the metal piece left to press down. I don't want to slice through the wires, especially if they are the wrong ones!

Okay bud, If you want i can talk you threw hooking them upto the glove box lights which is kind of easy . But they will only be on at night when you have lights on or daylight if you have dimmed on.

But cant see why yours isnt working? could take the scoth locks of and see how much is cut?

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The fact the interior lights come on and I haven't reconnected the molex plug makes me think its the wrong molex and wires. Need it confirmed though? I should have got an auto electrician to install them.

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay bud, If you want i can talk you threw hooking them upto the glove box lights which is kind of easy . But they will only be on at night when you have lights on or daylight if you have dimmed on.

But cant see why yours isnt working? could take the scoth locks of and see how much is cut?
Thanks mate, appreciated, but I don't want them on at night and being a distraction.

I think I may have to take them apart and see.

·
< User Title Goes Here >
632 Posts
Thanks mate, appreciated, but I don't want them on at night and being a distraction.

I think I may have to take them apart and see.
They arent as bad as you think I dont even look at mine now :D

But yeah take them apart and see whats going ;)

·
Henkepenk
1,353 Posts
My scotch lock was the problem, I didnt want to press too much but in the end I just pressed the metal part the whole way in. So it was leveled with the red plastic, then they came on

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cheers Rick and DC shoes. The wire wasn't cut into but I still think its the wrong block. Will take out the blue one and see if the interior lights still come on or not.

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
Looks like you have the right block... there's a white wire and a white/black strip wire? If you have them the wrong way round (check the how to) then they need swapping...otherwise it could be you're not squeezing hard enough on the scotch locks. I thought i gave em a good squeeze, but turns out they needed full on vader grip to get them tight enough.

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cheers mate, I was right though and it was the wrong block. The right one was the smaller blue one. It was a git to get to the wires, but it helped leaving the white one out. I also cut down the scotch locks which helped. It didn't take long after that to secure in place and job done.

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They look great at night. Thanks for the guide Ths and Hawickblue for the important update re the blue molex block being the correct one!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts