2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Does the door handle outside not work or it that what is connected to the cable?

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Can you not see the cable that attaches to the internal handle? It's been a while since I took the wife's door card off, but does that not connect to the locking mechanism?

Just a case of connecting the cable back on and giving it a good tug.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can you not see the cable that attaches to the internal handle? It's been a while since I took the wife's door card off, but does that not connect to the locking mechanism?

ok so ive done it. basically the passenger door was shut right?
SO i tried pulling the outer handle- nothing as i had disconnected it
tried pulling the wire lever out from inside the car- nothing!

so i thought **** maybe i have to plug the two terminals back into the door from the door card. (where the window button is)

Obviously i couldnt get that to happen as the door card is massive and doesnt go near enough the door on the inside to plug the wires back in

SO EVENTUALLY: i dissasemble the door card bits and plugged it all back together so i was able to wind the window down.
I have no idea how it opened in the end but i think i was pulling the lock lever and the door lever at the same time and it just popped open..

cheers everyone panic over

·
everythings upsy daisy.
1,442 Posts
glad you got it sorted I was just about to send over a chain saw to help matters....
anytime you need help no probs!! ;) ;)

·
Peanut butter and Jelly
327 Posts
when you took the door card off you likely pulled the lock cable and locked the door manually when you detatched it.. (had the same issue).

I know it's after the event but figured i post so you know where to check next time :)

Reactions: crowmar kirkliss

·
Registered
71 Posts

Hi I did roughly the same thing what I did was pull on the shorter cable of the two at the the same time get someone to pull on the outside handle. This should open the door. When you take the door card off it immediately locks the door like you,i found out the hard way hope this helps. Just wondering what,speakers are you putting in

·
Registered
71 Posts

Hi I did roughly the same thing what I did was pull on the longer cable of the two at the the same time get someone to pull on the outside handle. This should open the door. When you take the door card off it immediately locks the door like you,i found out the hard way hope this helps. Just wondering what,speakers are you putting in

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi I did roughly the same thing what I did was pull on the longer cable of the two at the the same time get someone to pull on the outside handle. This should open the door. When you take the door card off it immediately locks the door like you,i found out the hard way hope this helps. Just wondering what,speakers are you putting in

yeah i figured that out in the end lol. After i stripped the door card down to plug the two leads back into the door. that was after trying to get the door card in through the drivers to to see if i could connect them that way. fail.

after i had reconnected the passenger side armrest controls i wound the window down so i could reach inside and pull both the lock wire and handle wire at the same time as the outer door handle.

Im at this very second installing 6.5 components (inphase) in the front
and 6.5 woofers in the rear. the tweeters are MASSIVE so i had to cut most of the holder to bits then glue it back together.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
what I did was pull on the longer cable of the two at the the same time get someone to pull on the outside handle. This should open the door.
Sorry i just read this properly, i tried that i got someone to pull the outer handle at the same time as i pulled the inner handle.

this had no effect on my car though, it was only when i pulled both the lock wire and the inner handle wire that it opened.

hope this helps someone in future. lol or better yet DO NOT SHUT YOUR DOOR ONCE THE DOOR CARD IS DETACHED lol

peace

1 - 16 of 16 Posts