2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Getting my 9th gen hatch tinted at the moment. Tinter won't tint the lower rear window (under the spoiler) - he says it's perspex (apparently you need to use a heat gun to shape the tint before applying). I know that applies to the 8th gen but the 9th gen has a demister on this section and it is labelled "tempered". Can someone confirm if its plastic or glass please? Thanks. Honda or aftermarket glass supplier is not able to confirm.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I took the risk and got the window tinted anyway (as i think it is glass - the window didn't melt sort of confirms it). The tint will help with reducing annoying headlight glare at night.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,257 Posts
The lower rear window on the 9G is glass, not plastic, and it's heated.

I've often wanted to tint my 8G lower window to reduce headlight glare.

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
101% glass. the only issue you now have is will the heat gun cause probs with the demister elements.....

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all. Yes it is definitely glass as i confirmed it with an aftermarket glass supplier. However the problem now is that the tinter had to pull off the front two door trims and in the process lost two trim clips and had some issues removing the blanking cover in the door handle ( rough job with screwdriver). The job wasnt so good and it looks like ill have to get him to redo the front two doors in a months time anyway. Grrrrrrr.

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
Thanks all. Yes it is definitely glass as i confirmed it with an aftermarket glass supplier. However the problem now is that the tinter had to pull off the front two door trims and in the process lost two trim clips and had some issues removing the blanking cover in the door handle ( rough job with screwdriver). The job wasnt so good and it looks like ill have to get him to redo the front two doors in a months time anyway. Grrrrrrr.
Ah, we dont have that prob as front window tints are illegal/unroadworthy over here .....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts