2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checking the messages on my Answer phone and have one from Grantham Honda stating there is a recall on my Civic and they want to book in asap. The messages didn't say what for, I can only presume it's for one of the many faults I've logged.

Well have to wait till Monday now before I can phone them to find out what it is, then I can phone a different dealer to get it booked in with them.

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
What about the fuse box?

·
3,295 Posts
Cool... My car is booked in on wed for a good ol' slipping clutch... Do I need to get the recall notification before they do the recall fix on my car?

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Cool... My car is booked in on wed for a good ol' slipping clutch... Do I need to get the recall notification before they do the recall fix on my car?
Dont think so, all they did was phone me to tell me it needed doing. Ask them when you go in for the other jobs.

·
geekess
3,638 Posts
Dont think so, all they did was phone me to tell me it needed doing. Ask them when you go in for the other jobs.
But i dont think they will call you if you havent previously made your dealer aware of the problem.
You will have to ask for it to be done

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
Just checking the messages on my Answer phone and have one from Grantham Honda stating there is a recall on my Civic and they want to book in asap. The messages didn't say what for, I can only presume it's for one of the many faults I've logged.

Well have to wait till Monday now before I can phone them to find out what it is, then I can phone a different dealer to get it booked in with them.
Perhaps all your faults are going to be rectified....or...a new car?

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
3,295 Posts
I can confirm this only affects '08 chassis civic's ONLY. Mines doesnt need done as its an '07. I just phoned my dealer there.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
I can confirm this only affects '08 chassis civic's ONLY. Mines doesnt need done as its an '07. I just phoned my dealer there.
you mean MY08 models only not MY07 models (not the registration year)

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Called Lincoln Honda yesterday but everyone on the service desk was busy so left a message. They called back 2 1/2 hours later, talking to the lady trying to arrange a date. I asked her what the actual problem was, she said she would have to go onto the Honda database to find out and would call me back. That was over 24 hours ago... This was one of the reason why I left Grantham Honda.

I did receive a letter today from Honda stating that the recall was for the Multiplex/fusebox and I need to get it booked in ASAP!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts