2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, was doing the routine check of the oil level on the CTR, and I was surprised to see there was water marks and water drops pretty much every where under the bonnet!

The battery seems to have water on it, the fans have got water on them, and more worrying was the air box (bottom bit) as i have a pipercross induction kit had a bit of water in it! The belt seemed to water on it too! So basically where ever i looked there was water. Surely that is not right :confused:

Your help would be very appreciated!

Has

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Hey guys, was doing the routine check of the oil level on the CTR, and I was surprised to see there was water marks and water drops pretty much every where under the bonnet!

The battery seems to have water on it, the fans have got water on them, and more worrying was the air box (bottom bit) as i have a pipercross induction kit had a bit of water in it! The belt seemed to water on it too! So basically where ever i looked there was water. Surely that is not right :confused:

Your help would be very appreciated!

Has
When you last check/clean it? Mine can look like a dogs dinner during bad weather.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you driven through a big puddle?

Does it taste like coolant? (it's poisonous so only taste a little!)
The car hasn't moved for about 5 days. But its been raining like crazy!

umm lol what does coolant smell/taste like?

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
It's a bit sweet.

If you haven't driven it for days I doubt it would be coolant.

Just wait and see if it happens again when it is not raining.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When you last check/clean it? Mine can look like a dogs dinner during bad weather.
about a week and a half ago when I washed it! Seemed ok. But i was surprised as it hasnt moved but there is water everywhere even inside the air filter box!

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Sweet I beleive but i dont go around drinking it often.

EDIT: FWH is faster than me

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Check the coolant level to see if you are loosing any water.

Check if the washers work ok, i.e. if any of the washer tubes have come loose and are spraying water everywhere.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's a bit sweet.

If you haven't driven it for days I doubt it would be coolant.

Just wait and see if it happens again when it is not raining.
its clear today. So im going to dry it up (after I have a tasting session :facepalm: ) then go for a drive and see what happens

Sweet I beleive but i dont go around drinking it often.

EDIT: FWH is faster than me
indeed he is!

Check the coolant level to see if you are loosing any water.

Check if the washers work ok, i.e. if any of the washer tubes have come loose and are spraying water everywhere.
will have a look now and give you feedback.. As long as all this water doesnt cause damage i will be fine!

Thanks for the info guys

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had a check! everything seems to be working fine! tho the left washer is not working great but it isnt spraying water everywhere! Had a little taste and it was umm funky to say the least! more sour than sweet! or my taste buds need testing :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
cat weeeeeeeee [smilie=smack.gif]

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You know that to be sour in taste do you? :rolleyes:
lol may be if the cat was like this one

but in all seriousness could it cause any damage and what else could it be other than coolant? Bonnet not sealed off well and rain water is coming in?

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Do you use a pressure hose to clean it ?
Nope, Normally just use the hose or a bucket! But Since I dried it up yesterday and it didnt rain (also went for a long drive and used washers etc) its still dry! So i can only assume that its the rain that is coming in (large amounts).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts