2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have an 08 Honda Accord EX with the USB adaptor in the armrest box. Has anyone had any trouble with 'unsupported' USB sticks? I bought a sandisk stick recently and it is unsupported by the audio system. Has anyone found a way round this, ie by reformatting the stick?

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
What is the size of the USB stick? I have found that if your stick is not formatted with FAT32 you might have problems accessing it. Also keep in mind that FAT32 only supports up to a certain volume size (Not sure what it is)

·
Registered
52 Posts
fat32 file system for usb sticks works short of ~4GB. If your USB stick is 4 gigs plus, it might be rejected. 2 gigs should be safe. You can try to divide into partitions (~3.2 gigs should be safe) but I do not know will it help and in case it helps, propably only one partition will be visible by the car radio.

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
I've got a Sandisk 8GB FAT32 formatted stick. Works just fine. It's possibly not the file system, could be the files. The error messages and supported formats are covered in the manual I believe.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,

I have an 08 Honda Accord EX with the USB adaptor in the armrest box. Has anyone had any trouble with 'unsupported' USB sticks? I bought a sandisk stick recently and it is unsupported by the audio system. Has anyone found a way round this, ie by reformatting the stick?
Sorted it! The stick had u3 software on. Thing to do is uninstall the u3 stuff and it works fine. Honda say it doesn't matter how many gig the stick is it should work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts