2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
They are from the Accord, but I'm pretty sure it's the same system that the Civ is getting.
I've used the accord system a few times now for showroom demos etc and found it quite simple to use and pretty functional. I've also been using the New Jazz audio unit a fair bit for the same reasons and for a small car, it really is pretty damn good. Lets hope the Civic carries across the same functionality.

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't think so! It is very good and easy to use. It's very responsive and clear too. And in the new Accord with the Premium sound thing, the quality is great!

Shame it missed the 06 Civic though...

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's from a navi screen, right?
I wonder how it'll look like in a non-navi dash...
It is.

In the non navi it will have a line of text under the clock. Each press of display will give the folder name, track number and name, file data and so on.

On both cars a long press on the +/- on the steering wheel moves folders and a short press moves tracks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The 1,4 will have it.
Let's hope that one day Greece will stop being a third world country and the cars sold here will be available with navi systems, even the ones priced less than 30,000-40,000 Euros :(

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Any news on whether it will retro fit into a 2008 (easily)?

I am waiting with £'s burning holes in pockets, but don't want to jump in the wrong direction!

·
Civic gone, not forgotten
2,092 Posts
Will the USB control control an ipod, or is it just for music on a USB stick?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have a feeling it wont be as easy as just plugging it in, otherwise it would have been done a lot longer ago.
If it's the matter of pluging a cable (not an adapter) that would mean firmware upgrade for both satnav (display new source, and why not be able to follow the current track in the selection menu) and head unit (enable aux-in - just like on the sedan HU - and maybe USB host if it's available).
And their are plenty of solutions Honda could use to prevent us from doing this kind of upgrade :( :(

I think the real issue is a firmware upgrade ...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts