2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys has anyone managed to fit a usb charging port into one of the rocker switch blanks for the heated seats? I'm thinking of doing this and running the power from the cigarette lighter next to it. Am also thinking of adding a switch to the other rocker for on and off control of my drl's?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Hi guys has anyone managed to fit a usb charging port into one of the rocker switch blanks for the heated seats? I'm thinking of doing this and running the power from the cigarette lighter next to it. Am also thinking of adding a switch to the other rocker for on and off control of my drl's?
Thanks
More than possible... the blanks just un-screw from the under side. Remember, USB is 5v, so drop the power from the cig lighters 12v (take the inards from a USB cig adaptor.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
i unscrewed my blank switches (which is actually one plastic unit) and cut a hol out of one of them to mount my usb connection from my hu. I used a sharp blade and a lighter to cut/melt through it then fine wet and dry to smooth it off. the usb fits perfectly and doesnt move at all. i will post a pic in a few days.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,266 Posts
Why not go simple ?

I've got one of these and works perfectly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts