2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I being really dim or is the USB port under the arm rest too small?

I tried to get my iPhone cable to plug in, but no matter which way I tried it it was too big. The USB male end seems to be 1-2mm too wide for the port.

Do I need an adapter cable?

(Apologies if this has been posted already)

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
A honda adaptor is required, you cannot plug straight into the end of the cable, goodness knows why they could not have included the standard USB fitting, think they are about £30 from honda, they come up for sale from time to time or start a wanted thread for one.

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
The Civic, when new, comes with the adapter cable. Unfortunately there are quite a number of 'tightwad's' out there who sell their car without the cable and sell it on privately.

I personally deplore this and why Honda didn't just fit a straight USB port beats me as well.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
That's ridiculous not to include it when selling the car!! As you say, real tightwads there :-(

Of course, it could be that people lose it, but then why take it out of the car in the first place...

The cynic in me says Honda knew they could make a bit of cash from people needing these on 2nd hand cars. What other reason could there be?

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
The Civic, when new, comes with the adapter cable. Unfortunately there are quite a number of 'tightwad's' out there who sell their car without the cable and sell it on privately.

I personally deplore this and why Honda didn't just fit a straight USB port beats me as well.
Honda have finally done it in 2014 models

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Brilliant thanks for the link. Does seem simply dumb to waste all that time and money developing a slightly different USB cable when you could just fit an industry standard one?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Deserter to Lexus
1,999 Posts
Brilliant thanks for the link. Does seem simply dumb to waste all that time and money developing a slightly different USB cable when you could just fit an industry standard one?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The same thing could be said for Apple instead of using an industry standard micro USB on the phone

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Is there a adpater lead that you can buy that would plug into the connection for the factory USB/AUX ports and then in to a aftermarket radio (Pioneer for instance) ??

I have looked but could nt find one so have bought a USB / AUX kit that goes into the glove box and then into the back of the radio but now i have 2 redundant factory ports
in the glove box!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts