2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if someone has asked this before but is it possible to fit both a reversing camera and usb interface into my 2007 civic ex (sat nav), as i think they both use the same port on the back of the head unit? Been on XcarLink and they were saying yes on the website but thought id ckeck with them in person and they say no, i go back to website and now it says no again, just checking if anyone has done this?

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
I've got a 2007 2.2 EX with exactly that; have a look at the following install guide:
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how/41667-how-install-xcarlink-2008-civic-ex.html#post659706
I've actually got the Xcarlink installed above the glove box now, with the usb extension & 3.5mm jack entering the glovebox next to the nav unit. If you want to kill several birds with one stone, why not fit Bog's V3 box so you can add extra video sources & have the reverse cam on when driving forwards too :D

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
The Xcarlink takes the place of an external CD-changer, just in case that's not clear; you can't have both. The Y-cable shown in the link splits the rear connector of the head unit between the satnav and the CD-changer/Xcarlink.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers, i was hoping i could fit both but looks like i will go for rear parking sensors instead of the camera as the usb is more important to me.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
cheers, i was hoping i could fit both but looks like i will go for rear parking sensors instead of the camera as the usb is more important to me.
Might be a crossed wire here somewhere; when I said you can't have both, I meant CD-changer plus Xcarlink sorry!

A reverse camera can be plugged into the back of the nav unit (DVD ROM drive seen in glove box), £50ish DIY install. This simply changes the view on the nav screen when you engage reverse gear. Here's a link to the how-to: http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how/51366-how-install-aftermarket-reversing-camera-easy-way.html#post806193

The Xcarlink will give you USB/MP3-ability & plugs into the back of the radio head unit. It simulates a CD-changer & is selected when you press the CD/Changer button on the head unit. You can have up to ten folders of songs on there, with 99 tracks per folder.

Both devices are completely separate & work happily together! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts