2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

1. I use cruise control all the time,has it any negative impact on the car and gas?

2. Is it possible to permanently install a navigation system in the 1.8 hatch civic.like,replace the radio with it. Is it expensive?

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
1. nothing wrong there as long as it's used at the correct speeds.
2. anything can be done at a price, but be prepared to spend a lot of dosh, unless you or friends are capable of doing it.

·
everythings upsy daisy.
1,442 Posts
Using cruise control is less econmical as it cant judge the road ahead...
IE if your going down a hill you can build up the speed to up the other side , where as cruise control wont build up the speed and applies the power at the bottom of the hill using more fuel... :)

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
IE if your going down a hill you can build up the speed to up the other side , where as cruise control wont build up the speed and applies the power at the bottom of the hill using more fuel... :)
+1

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
I noticed cruise control only hits in around 28MPH. I only use it on the motorway. normal roads is manual/ishift.

·
Registered
74 Posts
+2

Remember seeing this on Top Gear when Clarkson took an Audi A6 (I think) from London to Edinburgh and back on a single tank of fuel. He got better mpg using his foot rather than the cruise control.

I tend to use cruise control more for motorway / dual carriageway driving to stop me wavering over the speed limit as there is a 70mile stretch of road up here that must have about 8-10 fixed cameras on each side of the carriageway.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Hi. ....... 2. Is it possible to permanently install a navigation system in the 1.8 hatch civic. Like, replace the radio with it. Is it expensive?
It's been done - there is a thread or two in here about it ...

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
correct cruise control wont come in till 30mph on a standard car!

Ash's doesn't come in untill 120 mph ;)
Maintaining a constant speed :confused: ... yeah right :D

·
Registered
24 Posts

·
Innuendo Queen
1,706 Posts
It's been done - there is a thread or two in here about it ...
Yes, I have one. And you don't have to replace the radio. It's not the cheapest but its very reliable. TrafficMaster Smartnav - you can have a system either with or without a screen.

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts