2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been havin an idling problem when stopping. I have bourght a can of EGR cleaner which says cleans air intake system, air flow sensor, inlet vavles and EGR system.

It says to use ... Remove air filter and spray into the inlet manifold. By this im guessing it means, remove air filter and spray directly in the pipe that connects to the filter housing. So i will be spraying it on and towards the MAF sensor. That correct??

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,228 Posts
Have been havin an idling problem when stopping. I have bourght a can of EGR cleaner which says cleans air intake system, air flow sensor, inlet vavles and EGR system.

It says to use ... Remove air filter and spray into the inlet manifold. By this im guessing it means, remove air filter and spray directly in the pipe that connects to the filter housing. So i will be spraying it on and towards the MAF sensor. That correct??
It's take a fair few cans of that stuff to clear the EGR Valve? when I took mine off it was like a solid lump of Coal blocking the Inlet manifold... I used the EGR Cleaner once I'd removed it though..

·
Administrator
17,936 Posts
Removing the EGR vavle is not complex task and I feel would be the safer than spraying fluid into the inlet.

The inlet sensors are notoriously sensitive and expensive, so I would avoid risking damaging them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts