2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum......and female.....and not a young techie.
Could someone give me an idiots guide as to what I need to do/buy to play my iPod ....
Or guide me to where I could find this info?
Thanks in advance...

·
Civic gone, not forgotten
2,092 Posts
Which Ipod do you have?

I only ask this because I am having a few issues with my Honda Ipod connector and a 5th Gen classic (30gb video model).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Search is your friend... from the ICE wiki:

Does the Civic has an AUX in, for connecting an mp3 player or similar?

No.

There is a Honda ipod adapter, which most people feel is expensive and limited in it´s functionality.
There are several aftermarket solutions:
Connecting an MP3 player - Civinfo Wiki

See also:
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/ipods-mp3-players-ice/9830-various-mp3-ipod-ipod-touch-input-solution-diagrams.html

They do not however show and id3 data on the in car screen.

You can of course also use an FM transmitter, although this does have limitations with regard to sound quality.
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how/1516-how-install-radio-transmitter-mp3-players.html
Good luck!
Matt
who used to live a few miles away from you in sunny Oakham!

PS - I am installing my Connects2 box this w/e, and will post any feedback I have to one of the Connects2 threads afterwards.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
the easiest and cheapest solution is an fm transmitter, yes I know the sound quallity isn't brilliant, but it is easier than ripping the dashboard appart

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
the easiest and cheapest solution is an fm transmitter, yes I know the sound quallity isn't brilliant, but it is easier than ripping the dashboard appart
I agree, curry's has three on offer for around 20 quid, my mum uses hers fine, and it's far cheaper than the Honda solution :)

Tom

·
Civic gone, not forgotten
2,092 Posts
I've had my ipod replaced by apple because of the problem, but it is still doing it. Perhaps I'll have to speak to my Dealer...

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
Re:

Sorry to complicate matters but you need to know that an FM transmitter is not very good quality. And if you live in a congested city like london FM transmitters are useless....

If i were you, i would go to your nearest dealer and ask for the ipod link. They will have all the information you need there also.

·
Registered
337 Posts
If you live near Hertfordshire, there is a great car audio dealer (Impulse 01923 231358) who can give you a link which will charge and control the iPod from your radio.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hello,
I am having a similar problem, I can't do anything too expensive, or a load of changes, due to it being a motability car, Is the easiest option just to go and buy an "i-ride" (FM tuner). i see £200 for the honda one a bit too expensive too,
Thanks for any help

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bupps, can you tell me more about what the *** in herts do? I have a 07 Civic and want to solve the iPod integration problem.

·
Unofficial Trader
1,295 Posts
hello Goose....I have an I-pod touch and I use it with my civic the way I got it from the factory...First question is what type of Honda civic are you using?...mine is the 1.8 SE 2009 MODEL....what I have in my arm rest section is the Aux in and the USB charging port (cigarette lighter shaped).....what I just did was to use a 2 way cable (that's an earphones jack on both ends...and you can get this at maplin for like 2 pounds) to connect my I-pod to the car Aux system. The USB connector section is used to charge the I-pod. The only clause is I dont think you can change the i-pod tracks on the steering wheel...but sound quality is brilliant!!!!!
Cheers
M

·
Registered
32 Posts
hello Goose....I have an I-pod touch and I use it with my civic the way I got it from the factory...First question is what type of Honda civic are you using?...mine is the 1.8 SE 2009 MODEL....what I have in my arm rest section is the Aux in and the USB charging port (cigarette lighter shaped).....what I just did was to use a 2 way cable (that's an earphones jack on both ends...and you can get this at maplin for like 2 pounds) to connect my I-pod to the car Aux system. The USB connector section is used to charge the I-pod. The only clause is I dont think you can change the i-pod tracks on the steering wheel...but sound quality is brilliant!!!!!
Cheers
M
Dablink, I have a 1.8 type S GT & I can connect my iPod touch to the USB port & control all the playlists with the Civic system & the steering wheel controls work brilliant too....bonus is it always stays fully charged too. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts