2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Peeps

We seem to be suffering a phenomenon lately of quoting the previous post.

There is no need to do this and where spotted will be removed as it bloats the thread.

If you are multi quoting then including the previous one for clarity is OK

Reactions: M8TJT

·
Premium Member
4,773 Posts
Especially when the quote contains a whole bunch of photos and the actual post text says "Nice one".
I wonder whether Tapatalk actually has a 'Post Quick Reply' button (or equivalent).

·
Earth Dreams :)
927 Posts
I think I maybe slightly guilty here.. But I use the quote when there have been several posts inbetween - so the person I quote knows I am directing my comments to that specific post..
Thanks for the heads up though Krem, will be more diligent in future..

And yes, the inner child did almost quote your original post.... But I refrained.

·
i-Vtec
4,862 Posts
@Kremmen Maybe better to quote the person, as opposed to the post? I know I do it, like @Higgo8, so I know the person im replying to knows i'm replying to them. Nothing worse than an argument starting when someone else thinks they are replying to the when you are not.

P.S see what I did there ;)

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,530 Posts
I'm Spartacus so will remember when posting in future :laugh2:

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Mmmm, quilty :-/ will go an edit lol

·
Earth Dreams :)
927 Posts
Nope.. I don't see what you did.. and you became a Mod too ** - happy days

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
@M8TJT, congratulations on promotion ,perhaps the Quote button could be removed, as long as it won't break the site more than it is.

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
The quote certainly still has its place; I know what you are referencing though; The creation of gigantic quote pyramids that mirror the discussion, which only serve to increase the effort needed to scroll the page.

Generally try to trim the post to the relevant part that you are quoting too - Saves large blocks and pondering as to what part of their post you are highlighting.

The best thing about quoting is the notification, Otherwise I'll usually forget to look back at something :p

·
Premium Member
4,773 Posts
Thank you
congratulations on promotion
,perhaps the Quote button could be removed,[/quote]No. It is needed, but misused/overused/just used instead of the Reply button.
[as long as it won't break the site more than it is.
Don't push it. It very likely would going by recent happenings.

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As mentioned, quoting a post from up the list is what the quote is for and it has it's place,

It's just quoting the immediately preceding post that isn't required.

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,530 Posts
Otherwise the Quote Polis will pop a cap in your aris.

Reactions: Farqui

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There is one time when it may be useful but you're not to know when this event is due to occur.

Guess :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts