2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Vacuum leak or MAF maybe..?

4K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Drackola 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guys!

New in town from Finland. I have a 1.8 sport hb 160k miles and it has a small annoying bug.

On idle when i quickly tap on the gas the revs go lets say to a 1300 and after a sec to 1500-1600 by itself. After that, the revs drop back to normal. Idle itself is fine.
While driving on 1-4 gear, when i release the gas it cuts it really strong and when pressing the gas again a small jerk also occurs.
While driving for example 30mph the revs go 200-300 up by itself for a while when engaging clutch.
No codes, light etc.

Throttle body was filthy, now clean
Plugs are new
EGR is clean
MAF (original) is also cleaned with CRC maf cleaner.
Air filter new

Beats me.. Vacuum leak, or maybe the maf?

#5 ·
Up

A little update. I bought a OBD-reader wich can do the tps-calibration. But still the car revs on its own (like on the video above) when engaging the clutch, not every time but lets say 8/10.

Idle itself is spot on. The jerky gas is still there (when engaging or disengaging the pedal). It almost feels like its getting some excess air somewhere. :unsure:

#6 ·
After a year things have been pretty ok.

The only thing still bugging me is the small jerk when pressing gas after cousting or pulling off the gas while driving. It doesnt matter how fast or slow you are driving. The jerk feels a bit stronger maybe on higher speeds. Just a single jerk, thats it.

Im clueless.