2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just booked my type R fn2 in with my local Honda dealer for valve clearence check and adjustment, quoted £100 which is what I expected and then was quoted £83 for the gasket.
Now surely we’re talking about a rocker cover gasket... are they really that expensive ??

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
Should be a ton all in. Rocker cover gasket is about £20 on it's own.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was originally told by the service manager that the gasket was included when I booked the car in, about 10 mins later he rang me back to tell me that actually the gasket isn’t included in the price and they usually reuse the old gasket and apply some gasket sealer, however if I wanted a new gasket it would be an additional £83

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Funnily enough I’ve just had a look on cox motor parts website and there £21
I will buy my own and take it with me ??

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
An oem gasket can be had for £17.59. I'm sure the valve clearance is a fixed price of £100. Perhaps call another dealer and ask the gasket question?

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
You could ask for a quote for a new one separately (or from cox) and then buy it and give it to them to fit while they do the job ;-)

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In fact I rang cox to have the gasket added to an order that their currently processing so as to save on shipping and the guy I spoke to couldn’t believe they were asking that much for one

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
In fact I rang cox to have the gasket added to an order that their currently processing so as to save on shipping and the guy I spoke to couldn’t believe they were asking that much for one
It will probably include the labour charge of the maintenance supervisor having to go to the parts desk and get it!! lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts