2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my new to me 07 the service book isnt stamped for the valve clearance check.
I intend to do it soon so I know it is done but I wondered if its normal for them to be far out.
Anyone found that their valve clearences were significantly out that the engine performance suffered?

Cheers.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I had to adjust the valve lash on my FN2 at less than 30000km as some of the valves were out of their minimum clearance range.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/type-r/33038-valve-clearance.html?highlight=valve+clearance

Since then I did the valve lash for a few buddies of mine and found that on some cars the valve clearance can be off considerably. I even found that some of the lash nuts were loose in some cases. So I can recommend checking valve lash. It`s not difficult.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I have just dug out the 12.5k mile service schedule sheet, Point Number 18.... every 25k Type R, so I am still lost as to what the OP is on about??

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Has the car had a 2 year 25k or even a 4 year 50K service?, if so this would have been covered by a Honda dealer!

I still cant see what you are on about, if your car has a full Honda SH then by its age it will have been checked/adjusted if it needed it.

If you have not had the 4 year/50K service yet then I still am lost on what the problem is?

Am I just being thick here?

·
Registered
356 Posts
had an Accord with 2.4 engine.
Got a little bit tappity when cold at 30K so checked them myself, nothing far enough out to actually adjust.
Just sold it at 64K and it didnt sound any different to when i first checked it. I know its not the same engine as yours but its still a Honda.
Ive got a CTR now and based on this im not going to worry to much unless it starts getting a bit tappity.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
On my new to me 07 the service book isnt stamped for the valve clearance check.
I intend to do it soon so I know it is done but I wondered if its normal for them to be far out.
Anyone found that their valve clearences were significantly out that the engine performance suffered?

Cheers.
What car do you have? mine will be checked tomorrow once FD2 cams are in.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts