2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.
I have a valve cover i have been waiting to put on for a while, i was going to have honda do it when i had them check the clearences and timing chain etc. Seeing as the spark plugs need changing i figured i might aswell do it and take the car to honda when all this covid stuff has subsided. I was just wanting to know if any of you have used the cheaper non OEM gasket sets and how do they differ in quality? Personally i would always use OE but £70-£80 for some bits of rubber just seems ridiculous to me. Do people also use silicone gasket in conjunction with the rubber seals?

Kind Regards, Olly

·
4,247 Posts
Hew Das, that's a great old fashioned term for it. I doubt if half the members here know what a rocker is, let alone sidevalve.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The spark plug seals and rocker cover washer seals rarely need changing, you'll need some black silicone seal along with the new rocker cover seal, there are 4 joints on the cylinder head that require you to put a blob of silicone (high temperature seal) on them before fitting the rocker cover and seal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts