2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure where to post this but please move if its in the wrong section.

I have woke up this morning to find some little t**t has smashed my wing mirror off, its now hanging barely on. I am sooo mad this happened to my gf's car outside my house less than a year ago.

Does anyone know how much this is going to cost for me to replace? Its for a 2.2 EX so it is the fully electric one. Are there any suppliers out there who can source me a new one for cheap?

I aint sure if its a complete new wing mirror i need yet i am going to check it out in a bit, but it looks like it will be. So mad! Why do people do this? Its making me think i need to get some kind of CCTV set up outside my house now. :(

Hope someone can help me.

Thanks
Andy

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts

·
NHB Convert.
530 Posts
We've had a problem with people walking past our house and putting their elbows through car windows recently. I really wonder what goes through some peoples minds when sometimes...what on earth would make you decide to smash someones window/windscreen just for the fun of it?

Makes me want to put my elbow through their face.

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
I had both of mine done

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When does the anger go away?? coz im stil fuming! Ive jst looked at it... its hangin on by the wires, the glass is still there and not smashed but the outer casing is off and was on the floor next to my car. When i put the key in the ignition the electric to the mirrors is on, even though i have not pressed the button. I press the folding button and nothing happens so im guessing the wiring is screwed as well.. What do people think i will need to replace? Is it the full thing? and can any dealer quote me a price?? 'stil fuming!!'

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I have jst spoke with my local honda dealer and he told me the mirror comes in 3 parts. He thinks i may be able to salvage 2 of the 3 parts (outer casing and winker light) and therefore i will need to order the main part of the mirror which he has quoted me at £134.87 for the part and then £45.99 to fit. Im gutted its going to cost me 180quid i dont have but this seems like a fair price to me. What did everyone else have to pay??

Ive attached an image, what i will be paying for is everything inside the box.

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
holdcroft are the same price.. looks like im guna have to bite the bullet!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts