2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are 3 Diagrams of how people connect their MP3 players and some pros and cons (IMH0)

1. Connects2 box

Pros:
Cheap
Works with any device that has a line out

Cons:
No power to the device
Civic EX owner will require the Y splitter from Honda at £91
Does not send any MP3 information to the headunit

Price:
About £35

2. DICE Electronics Box

Pros:
Charges iPod
Has Aux input for another device and auto switches
Comes with the Y splitter cable for Civic EX which is £91 from Honda

Cons:
Only available in the US (can be bought via ebay)

Price: About £95 (+ any import duty)

Finally a possible iPodTouch solution

3. DICE Electronics Box + Xtrememac RoadShow Car Audio/Video Cable for iPod

Pros:
Charges iPod
Has Aux input for another device (auto switches)
Comes with the Y splitter cable for Civic EX which is £91 from Honda
Video input to the LCD screen :eek: (you will also need to do the reverse mod)

Cons:
Only available in the US (can be bought via ebay)
You have to make your own video in cable (or ask me nicely and I'll make you one for a small fee!)

Price:
About £95 for the DICE box (+ any import duty)
£20 for the Xtrememac RoadShow Car Audio/Video Cable for iPod connector

(actually you could do this wiht the Connects2 box, so it would be cheaper!)

Reactions: cv65user

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,182 Posts
the dice is already in mine and set up to display video from any source which has a video out, including my video ipod, n95 or my iphone, and the sound all works as well. it is well worth the money.

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,182 Posts
here is a pic of my AV in :-

Attachments

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
here is a pic of my AV in :-
This is a great setup and my inspiration, however I may wire mine into the centre console.

What would be even better would be the video and audio cables to go into some sort of auto switching AV box with multiple inputs that could be hidden under the dashboard and then you could wire in sockets into the glove box as above and also into the centre console - any ever seen such a box? :confused:

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,182 Posts
This Is Old Stuff To Us Hey Bog, What Are You Thinking Of Doing Next?

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
If it helps.....

Here's a pic of the back of the Head Unit in Sat Nav models (EX etc.) showing the CD multi changer/aux in port. The port is exactly the same on non Sat Nav head units.

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
i was going to get the Dice setup to use with my Iphone. But ive just found out that when using it as a music player it will lock up the phone so that is no use to me.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Wondering if you guys could help. I'm half way through my setup, done the reversing cam hack, using jupido's circuit

So far evverthings going great, got two screens in the headrests and i'm runing a hdd media player to them, i'm going to install my zen vision m for the front screen with the menus on the nav screen using the video out of the zen. My only problem is, i'm using the connects2 box for the audio, when i use it free standing, with the zen running off it's own battery it works fine, no interferance, when i connect it to the car battery, then there's that age old alternator whining noise.

How do i get rid of this??? it's driving me insane.

Below are some pic of how it looks so far...

ger1.jpg

ger2.jpg

ger3.jpg

ger4.jpg

ger5.jpg

ger6.jpg

Thanks

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looking at ger_uk photos to do my DICE and Video install I have to remove the Head Unit and the DVD player in the glove box?

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,182 Posts
It Looks Worse Than It Is, Give Yourself Plenty Of Time, And Follow All The Related Bits On Here And You Will Find It O.k

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Looking at ger_uk photos to do my DICE and Video install I have to remove the Head Unit and the DVD player in the glove box?
Yer, don't be worried, it's not that hard, just follow the work through and give yourself plenty of time. Don't forget to keep us informed on how you get on...

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yer, don't be worried, it's not that hard, just follow the work through and give yourself plenty of time. Don't forget to keep us informed on how you get on...
Well my DICE unit arrived yesterday, I have a colleague currently in the US who is bringing me back a iPodTouch on Friday and I've ordered the Xtrememac iPod cable which will also be here on Friday - so thats my weekend sorted!

:)

1 - 20 of 71 Posts