2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Mark,

Apologies for the slow reply but I have been working in the Algarve for the last week.

The latest kit for the Type R is £ 399.00 (+travel expenses) including fitting as per below.
Bumper Package

Hood Package

Headlights Package

Please let me know if you would like to arrange fitting.

Best Regards,

Carl Sherratt
Car Shine UK
Tel: 0845 052 1241 / 01283 55 22 67
Mobile: 0773 693 7619
E-mail:
[email protected]
Web: www.car-shine.co.uk

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've just replyed to see if he can offer a discount if we can get a few people who want it doing... I'll keep you posted

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
At that price you would need to be a "mug" to pay for the kit, if and i stress if,you were that bothered by paint damage you could have quite allot of respray done.

I am a believer in a car needs to be fit for purpose, Honda paint is not but we know this and I for one will factor that in at my next car change unless Honda sorts it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I knew how bad the paintwork was before i ordered a new type r, but i wanted one so badly i didnt care lol, id have it fitted, if i didnt already have 2 stone chips in my 1st week of ownership!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it was actually a car that over took me and loads of grit and stones flicked up once it passed! and yes i was p!ssed off!!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
that is exactly what happened 2 me! haha, except this s3 is tuned by MTM and i could'nt get close with it pumping out over 300bhp and near 400 torque!

·
Move over..comming thru!!
533 Posts
Ive managed to get 4 stone chips over 7000 miles of ownership

STOP DRIVING SO CLOSE TO PEOPLE

If you stop driving close you wouldn't get chips
Good advice!! I got 2 stone chips in the first week of owning my EX, almost matching with one on each wing - I just made an effort to keep a healthy distance from whatever was in front and I didn't have anymore in the next 6000 miles I had the car..

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
OK...So could be good advice, except I have 100 chips in 2 years and NEVER drive close.
Milano Red IS the worst for stone chips, the others get off lightly in comparison.
Alabaster Silver is the best for not getting them

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Good advice!! I got 2 stone chips in the first week of owning my EX, almost matching with one on each wing - I just made an effort to keep a healthy distance from whatever was in front and I didn't have anymore in the next 6000 miles I had the car..
I do exactly the same but in a Milano red car and it's covered in Stone chips! Which I guess proves the problem varies over different colours.

·
Move over..comming thru!!
533 Posts
I do exactly the same but in a Milano red car and it's covered in Stone chips! Which I guess proves the problem varies over different colours.
Ok maybe I was just lucky then I guess - I tend to drive mostly on local roads rather than a lot of motorway driving which might also have made a difference - either that or Galaxy Grey is a stronger colour..?

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Ive managed to get 4 stone chips over 7000 miles of ownership

STOP DRIVING SO CLOSE TO PEOPLE

If you stop driving close you wouldn't get chips
Your lucky,,, but its not just the car your following, its traffic mainly trucks and busses coming the other way with a wheel on the white line throwing chippings allover. I have tried hanging back but my car seems to be a chipping magnet :(

1 - 20 of 23 Posts