2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
Do you know what is the difference between "Civic KE 5D 2009" and "Civic KG 5D 2009"? I found this on www.honda-access.com

On German website I found that new 2009 Civic 1.8 engine is EURO5 compatible. Is it true?

Is it possible to change the 2009 front grill for a old one? This was the biggest mistake I think.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
I would guess that the KE / KG is the difference between petrol and diesel (but not sure which way round).

not sure on the Euro5

Yes on the grill - some have already put the '09 Type S grill on an older car, so the brackets etc are all in the same places :)

Unless you're getting an Auto - the holes in the new grill are there specifically to allow more airflow for those models (I believe)

:D

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Euro5 may be referring too the Diesels DPF filter, ????

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
D'oh, yep so it is, perhaps it is something to do with emissions though, i.e. it meet Euro standards as opposed to stricter UK standards?

Tom

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Just a thought I know Australian cars have to have upgrades from UK manufacturers like UV protected seatbelts and glass etc. as well as certain undercoating and things, much like Honda doesn't bother undercoating some cars destined for hot dry country's as it's not 100% needed and saves them money.....

Tom

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
KE England
KG Germany
KA USA
KF France
KU Australia (I think)

There are more - I'll look them up when I get home (I'm in the back of a taxi atm!)

Thanks, do you know what is the difference between Germany and other countries of Europe except England?

I'm trying to download pdf brochure Civic Other 5D 2009 from Honda Accessory Car and Motorcycle but it's not working.
Is it possible to download it somewhere else?
Thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
not sure about the download...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts