2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I might be the only 9th gen driver who didn't know this, but if you hold the lock button on the key fob, the mirrors fold in. If you hold the unlock button, all the windows open. If you then hold the lock button, they close as long as you hold the button. I nearly **** myself with excitement when I accidentally found this feature :D

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
Standard on most cars although features sadly missing from the 8th Gen' civic.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Stop whinging! Having power folding mirrors at all on a midrange (ES for example) family hatchback is cut above the norm.

A lot of cars in the class don't have the feature at any trim level.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Considering I have auto lights and wipers, I would expect such a feature.

Plus I like to whinge :)

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Get the module for the 8th gen that folds the mirrors on lock and unlock cheap mod,sadly i cannot remember the member who was selling them.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Obviously you didnt read the owners manual as these features are in there. ;) Folding the mirrors via the remote also means they open automatically when the drivers door is opened which is another good feature.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
i am jealous and miss the feature

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Obviously you didnt read the owners manual as these features are in there. ;) Folding the mirrors via the remote also means they open automatically when the drivers door is opened which is another good feature.

I think people are talking about the lack of the feature on the 8th gen, where the 9th gen has it.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
There are loads of cars with auto wipers/lights and no power mirrors. Mazda springs to mind....
And there are many with!

Doesn't change the fact that I like a good whinge about stuff.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,255 Posts
Stop whinging! Having power folding mirrors at all on a midrange (ES for example) family hatchback is cut above the norm.

A lot of cars in the class don't have the feature at any trim level.
Quite true. I for one need power folding mirrors otherwise I can't get it into the garage. Only a recent requirement since all these cars are not getting quite fat.
My Xantia's and IS200 didn't need the mirrors folded to get through the door opening.

The latest Lexus ct200h only offers this on the top spec model at £32k and is not an option on the lesser variants.

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,435 Posts
I do miss auto folding mirrors on my mk8. Previous ford fiesta titanium .... mirrors folded when car locked. Opened when car unlocked and manual auto close inside when wanting to drive into garage or tight country roads. Simple but effective.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts