2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all,

Today I think I had first fault in my Civic. Outside temperature reading rised over 50 degrees of celcius. It also affected the heater so that the temperature inside car went cold, even when I turned heater manually to 25 degrees without AC.
When I started driving temperature reading was about 30 degrees and rised above 50 degrees some time after and stayed around 50 degrees.

I believe some temperature sensor have gone broken? Luckily I take my Civic to 20 000 km service on Monday, I hope they can find the reason for high temperature reading.

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Blimey, never new Finland was near the equator.
Let the Dealer sort it for you. Honda loves solving problems of their own making.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Today the outside temperature reading on my car was normal (9 degrees) when I started driving, but soon it started rising and about after a minute it was about 30 degrees. Then after some time (about 10 mins) it went back to normal and stayed normal.

At least I can tell about this when I go to Honda service. I was wondering where in car outside temperature sensor is mounted?

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Outside temperature sensor of my car has now been replaced with new one. I hope it will work much longer than half a year.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
with all this cold weather we had -14 C on my wife's car and mine is showing 50 C.
is this an expensive thing to sort ?:confused:

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
with all this cold weather we had -14 C on my wife's car and mine is showing 50 C.
is this an expensive thing to sort ?:confused:
My car's temperature reading was fixed, when the sensor was replased. It was under warranty, so I am not sure about what it costs, but it is small sensor in the front bumber.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I had the same problem about a year ago and the dealer changed the sensor under warranty. mine was actually reading over 60 deg cel I couldn't believe my eyes lol. And it was actually snowing outside ;p

·
Registered
337 Posts
I had the same problem about a year ago and the dealer changed the sensor under warranty. mine was actually reading over 60 deg cel I couldn't believe my eyes lol. And it was actually snowing outside ;p
Exactly the same here! Think they should be fixing this all for free as it seems to be a common problem

1 - 12 of 12 Posts