2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very strange thing happened last night. I was driving home last night when this loud squealing noise started on the front O/S of my motor. I stopped to have a look. It wasn't a pad because it didn't go away when I braked and the disc was cool. I drove to the nearest petrol station and jacked thecar up. I spun the front wheel and found it was binding on the back plate. I pushed the back plate away and that stopped the noise. I checked to see if there was any excessive play in the bearing and found there was none. The cars been fine since, how strange is that?
Gremlin or portent of a future problem?

MP

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Very strange thing happened last night. I was driving home last night when this loud squealing noise started on the front O/S of my motor. I stopped to have a look. It wasn't a pad because it didn't go away when I braked and the disc was cool. I drove to the nearest petrol station and jacked thecar up. I spun the front wheel and found it was binding on the back plate. I pushed the back plate away and that stopped the noise. I checked to see if there was any excessive play in the bearing and found there was none. The cars been fine since, how strange is that?
Gremlin or portent of a future problem?

MP
probably a stone caught behind the back plate - ive had it quite regularly as we have a gravel driveway and have to drive down a gravel track to get home - everytime just work out which wheel is making the noise - give the back plate a shake and the stone will fall out - next time it happens have a listen out and should hear the stone fall out - nothing to worry about really - just dont drive on it for too long

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
+1

Or the pig you had caught ran away.... (I'll get my coat)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.