2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve owned my FN2 for about 3 months now and the clutch has always been stiff but I never thought anything of it, when putting the car into reverse the whole car slightly jolts as if the clutch isn’t pressed all the way down but it is and getting it out of reverse can be hard sometimes but normally only when the car is cold.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sound like clutch is dragging

You could try adjusting the biting point so it's a bit higher and bleed the fluid to make sure there's no air in the system, but I think there's a good chance itl be getting ready for a new clutch

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, i had this problem , check the colour of your clutch fluid if its a dark green/black in colour then you need to change it, has it has gone bad like sludge.

HOPE THIS HELPS.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi, i had this problem , check the colour of your clutch fluid if its a dark green/black in colour then you need to change it, has it has gone bad like sludge.

HOPE THIS HELPS.

Me too it took a litre of fluid flushed through to get all looking clean and i had the dreaded dead pedal on the floor if this happens and you’re doing the job yourself pump the slave by hand it fills with air thats why the pedal drops pressure i assume but once done a world of difference awaits.
But a garage pressure changing the fluid is your best bet

·
Registered
153 Posts
Surely an brake bleeder would do the job easily enough?

Yes you are right a decent one i used an ebay cheap one way bleed valve and the pedal stuck to the floor still after pulling the pedal up and down rapidly I thankfully got the pedal back but i had an occasion when helping a friend who had loads of air in his system through trying the job alone with just a tube in a jar method and we had to pump the slave cylinder out by hand to get all the air out. So i was just trying to say save the hassle if not done a civic before because they can be a pig when it starts goin pear shaped and go to a professional

·
Registered
67 Posts
Fluid change made a major difference, I have a new civic, partners 2008,jumping between the two cars before and the clutch felt almost inoperable on the 2008. Now I barely notice the difference. Both feather light

1 - 10 of 10 Posts