2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all my civic has seems to have a strange Rattle that I have not read about before. When you drive over ruff ground like muddy gravel or broken tarmac that shacks the car, I get a rattling vibration sound like a bar shaking. You can feel the vibration though the peddles and steering.
I changed the drop links and ARB bushes but no luck. I have had it at 3 different garages one with a knocking plate but could not see anything obvious.

Anyone out there had the same thing? :popcorn:

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
hello Jimmbo,

the problems I have,
stationary or not I turn the steering left and get a rumble/vibration through the car. take the near side wheel off the floor and get no rumble/vibration.
Seen quite a few people with this issue but I am leading up to my strut mounts being the issue.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hello Jimmbo,

the problems I have,
stationary or not I turn the steering left and get a rumble/vibration through the car. take the near side wheel off the floor and get no rumble/vibration.
Seen quite a few people with this issue but I am leading up to my strut mounts being the issue.

No don’t seem to have a problem with steering. The only thing is it is very light. The only time I get the rattle is when I drive over broken / uneven ground like a dirk track or cattle grid. It does not happen on speed bumps or pot holes.
If you hold a ruler on a table and twang the end. The speed of vibration is like that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts