2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI guys. My car is going in for its first service on thursday. So far i've been delighted with the car. One little problem i have encountered is with one of the speakers. (Passenger side front). There seems to be some vibration and loss of sound quality. This is particularly noticeable when i am listeneing to medium wave radio 5 live. I am not obsessive about sound quality but i noticed a big difference when i was in my dad's mazda 6. Anyone else out there have a similar problem or know what it might be. Don't want the dealer to fob me off. Cheers:)

·
Registered
66 Posts
HI guys. My car is going in for its first service on thursday. So far i've been delighted with the car. One little problem i have encountered is with one of the speakers. (Passenger side front). There seems to be some vibration and loss of sound quality. This is particularly noticeable when i am listeneing to medium wave radio 5 live. I am not obsessive about sound quality but i noticed a big difference when i was in my dad's mazda 6. Anyone else out there have a similar problem or know what it might be. Don't want the dealer to fob me off. Cheers:)
had the same problem, they changed the speaker but its back again :(

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
I get the same with 5 live, it seems to be coming from the pass side tweeter.

I think the problem is that the MW receprion is a bit weak and therefore I have to turn the radio up (vol 22 compared to 16 on FM). If I turn it down, the vibration goes, but I can hardly hear Nicky Campbell :(

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
I have a similar problem, having to turn the sound up on medium, and the tweeter rattle sounds like it comes from the centre console on the roof!

Terry

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
mine did the same you need to change them out alltogether

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same problem. Sent it into Honda twice, but the problem is still there. am now trying to fix it myself. I think it is the tweeter that vibrates only on the passenger side, and only really noticable when listening to radio 5 live (which unfortunatly is the majority of the time).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts