2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2.2 Civic ex 2007 has a vibration / resonance at around 1400 revs when accelerating. Seems worse in high gear, ie 4th, also it causes some rattle from drivers left side dash area too. Like a heat shield or something.
Is it poss its an engine mount?

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
flip the airbox cover off take the filter out if its foam its probably the cause of the resonance if not we will try something else next :)
I will look tomorrow when its day light, only had car 3 days, due to go to dealers on wed to sort this out..

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
could be the dmf but that should rattle at tickover could you get someone to hold the revs at 1400 while you have a scout about under the bonnet?
I had a pug 407 hdi with a failed DMF, it did go very rough, at any revs so I'm just nervous its the same thing. Its in at Evans Halshaw in the morning to get sorted, under warranty. Seems like a resonance noise, the rev counter needle vibrate slightly too at the 1400 rpm level, once past it all is fine.
Thanks for your replies, its good to know there is help on the other end. I will post what they find and if they cannot fix it, regretfully I will hand it back and look elsewhere for another civic..

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Car all sorted, got call on Fri am, guy on fone from service desk didn't know what the problem was but I will find out when I go for it, the was told it has been bumped in their car park by a customer, bumper at front scrapped. They are going to carryout repairs, I have asked them to respray the bonnet as a good will gesture too, had the car for 1 week, driven it for 3 days....I hope for a good job else its handing the keys back..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts