2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Loving the MPG of my 1.6 i-dtec (ave 68mpg over the last 3000+ miles) but have noticed that the car does suffer from a lot more vibration through the pedals than either my last 2 petrol cars (Golf Mk4 and Mini Cooper (new shape)). It doesn't help that I have also run an electric car for a couple of years.

So long story, short - is it normal for there to be noticeable vibration through the pedals on the i-dtec or should I be looking at perhaps changing the engine mounts? (2013 car / 75K). The vibration is there at standstill and low speeds so am confident we are not talking misbalanced wheels etc.. Is there anything else I am missing?

Thanks

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,307 Posts
Sorry but I'm not experiencing the same with mine and with about the same mileage?

·
Wizard
84 Posts
There is a small amount of vibration coming through the clutch pedal, but its barely noticeable to be honest. Its there when the vehicle is stationary and moving off but other than that I don't feel it.
Nothing on the brake and throttle pedals.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks everyone, I think that I'm being ultra sensitive as I'm suffering from peripheral numbness in my feet which makes me very sensitive and I've changed job meaning a 1hr commute each way. I'll give it a few weeks and then have the dealer take a look

1 - 4 of 4 Posts