Registered
676 Posts
nice video!:cool:

(but I have already told you!:D)

·
Vivid Blue Rocks!!!
1,228 Posts
Good video :cool:

Good to see some other older model Civic's out on the track been thrashed as well. But an old Astra, yikes :D

And nicely parked when you finished, did you leave some info for this forum under the wiper [smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Good video :cool:

And nicely parked when you finished, did you leave some info for this forum under the wiper [smilie=cheeky-grin:[/quote]

Some details:
Best circuit time 2:38
To compare: ITR (Integra TypeR) 2:30, Subaru Impreza WRX STI 2:20, all cars serial, with street tyres

Max speed: end of home straight: 170 kmh ~102mph
Min speed: corner combination 30mph
Average speed: n/a
Fuel consumption: ~20MPG :)

Driving details:
First right corner (brake 102mph to 51 mph, 4th-> 2th gear), before the second left corner 78mph, and brake (back 3th->2th gear), after full throttle. After the third right corner shift up to 4th gear and 92 mph. Before the fourth left corne little brake (66mph), after little gas. Before the big U-turn back to 2th gear (54mph) and full throttle in the corner. Shift up 3th and big brake before the corner combination and shift down 2th gear (30 mph). After the combination full gas, and some brake before the 8th left corner (~50 mph), and engine brake before the 9th right corner. After the corner shift up 3th gear and full gas in the 10th left corner (73 mph). Then again engine brake before the 11th right corner and full throttle up to ~80 mph. Big brake, and shifting down before the 12th right corner, speed down to 36mph, after full gast shift 3th gear (shortly time) and back to 2th gear before the 13th rigth corner (45mph). Full throttle and some engine brake before the last 14 U-turn (52 mph) and full gas, shift up 3th-4th gear (102mph).

If anybody couldn't download the video (server problem or anything), I'm uploading the short version (10 min limit) on the Youtube.
Link here:

Sorry the spelling faults, but i'm very sleepy. The time here: 1.08 am :oops:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Its amazing how many people you seemed to pass, is your car a standard 1.8? I was just wondering if the car is actually that quick against other makes or are you just that good a racer!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is your car a standard 1.8?
Yes it is a standard 1.8 only extra the K&N Air Kit.

I was just wondering if the car is actually that quick against other makes or are you just that good a racer!
I hope how i'm a good dirver, but reality how, the Civic very quick on the corners than similar other makes. :)

·
Kids use a lot of space
806 Posts
Well done, I don't expect the fuel consumption figure looks good after a run like that[smilie=cheeky-grin: Not bad for a standard road car (mild tuning accepted), I bet there were some surprised people out there.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Great video and driving, wouldn't worry about the high revving. Is there not a claim by Honda that they've never had a v tec failure!

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Great video and driving, wouldn't worry about the high revving. Is there not a claim by Honda that they've never had a v tec failure!
Is that from the same person who claims only "a few" fog lights have broken and that there is no problem with dashboard scrateches?

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
not me

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well done, I don't expect the fuel consumption figure looks good after a run like that[smilie=cheeky-grin: [/quote]

No objetc the high-tech engine, how the min. revs was 4000rpm on the track. The continuous high engine loading, equal high fuel consumption. This is fact, "if to like if not". ;)

Not bad for a standard road car (mild tuning accepted), I bet there were some surprised people out there.
Thanks, my pleasure if u like it. :oops:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
If anybody interest....
New video, and new personal best time on Hungaroring.

I've change the spirngs to Eibach ProKit (-30mm).
My best time 2:33.4 (first complete lap)
Low quality:
Better quality:
http://ivoke.extra.hu/Ivo_SVCD.mpg (use right click, and save target as)
(~300 MB, widescreen, 480*576)

My best lap graphical statistic:
timeslip.hu - interactive online dragracing
Clikc in the upper left-hand corner the british flag, and select the preferred measurement units.

In closing some pics:
DSC_5499.jpg

DSC_5528.jpg

DSC_5534.jpg

36.jpg

and two bonus pic (for my english friends):

DSC_5516.jpg

DSC_5518.jpg

1 - 20 of 45 Posts