2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

a newbie member here have just bought a new my09,

What's the best item to get to keep any eye on the car when the vehicle is parked, , do dash cams do this? A recent news story on road rage has given me the idea

Im currently in my early stages of research, any experiences welcome :)

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
A dash cam does not do a good job of this, especially if you try to use the motion detection feature - the movement has usually finished by the time the camera starts recording.

You could have it recording 24/7, but then you should probably use a separate battery rather than your existing one.

Remember this will still only capture out from one side, so if the car is damaged out of view of the camera you will capture nothing.

You could have multiple cameras, but to get full coverage you would need four.

Your best option is to use a CCTV camera mounted on your house. If this is not possible you can try using a dash cam from within the car, just don't be surprised if the footage is not of much use.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok up late doing some more research on this topic, it turns out cameras in cars can be problematic if cheaply made.

Also I came across this site Car Camera | Dash Cams | Dashboard Camera | Auto BlackBox Australia and found out that you can run the cameras in parking mode they are always recording but only save files in bumps are detected.

Will keep you posted with how I go :) any other suggestions always welcome

·
Dervinator
1,349 Posts
I use Blackvue.. Front & rear. They have a parking mode and activate via movement in front of the camera (if I'm not mistaken). I believe the Power Magic adapter comes in the price of the new cameras (or is built in) which shuts it down if your battery gets too low.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts