2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not being able to shake off the little voice in my ear ' treat yourself to something a little indulgent', today I test drove an '05 Audi TT. Car looked spot on with pale blue metallic paint and red heated leather. Unfortunately, after being started with a battery pack, half the dash warning lights stayed on, on take off 1st gear 'grumbled' together with a steady drone above 30 mph. Other than all that it was ok !

Anyway, after the shock of discovering Audi's are very capable of turning to dogs, I turned my attention to Type R's and Accord 2.4's. Found a 2.4 Accord auto, and planning to view wednesday, also will be bringing the car back if all ok. Got a feeling could be having an enjoyable drive back to Notts.

P.S. anyone looking for a rock solid runabout-trusty Fiesta mk 5 with 4 months mot. Never let me down and drives as well as the day it was bought, nearly 2 years ago. Will be putting on cars for sale if all well with the Accord.

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,853 Posts
Good luck with the Accord. They are such a lovely car to drive and I really do miss mine.

Only criticism you generally hear about 2.4 autos is how thirsty they can be! But if it's an older one then check out the rear arches and bonnet front underside for rust.

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good luck with the Accord. They are such a lovely car to drive and I really do miss mine.

Only criticism you generally hear about 2.4 autos is how thirsty they can be! But if it's an older one then check out the rear arches and bonnet front underside for rust.
Thanks for info'. Yes I'm expecting it'll like a little drink. Still, not doing many miles-3 to 4k a year, providing I bear all that in mind should all be ok

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Decided not to go for the Accord-pretty sure it was going to be a good one and would have took it if all above board.

Because of the length of the car, parked outside the house on the road, the back end might have intruded a little too much/close to the drive way entrance at the house side. Being a very busy road, not wishing to make reversing the civic down there more difficult for 'missus.

Went back to looking at TT's and found what seems a good one. On an '06 apparently with 190 bhp. Definitely got a spring in its step !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts