2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm looking at getting a 2013 EX to replace my high mileage (304k) 2006 CDTI which is getting a bit tired now. I thought that 2013 would be a 9g. It certainly looks like one but the V5C reports it as a FK3, which I thought was a 8g. Also, the VIN decoder shows it as a 2012 CDTI rather than a DTEC.

Is something funny going on here or is it just me? Should this one be avoided?

Thanks,

SR

·
Super Moderator
20,990 Posts
I can help here as I have a 2013 EX, and now got the V5C in my hot sticky.

I'm listed as FK2

First portion of the VIN is SHHKFK2***DU~

It's worth avoiding a 2012 as they had some iMID teething problems and no DAB

·
Super Moderator
20,990 Posts
That letter C means it is indeed a 2012 model.

The FK3 could be the diesel range as mine is a petrol auto so it's probably legit.

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts
Can confirm re. model numbers.
The model numbers; FKx are randomly chosen:- An FK2 Can refer to a FK2 CTR, 9G 1.8 5Door Hatch, 8G 1.8 5Door Hatch.

FK1 is 1.4l Petrol (8 & 9G 5 Door), and FK3 (Once again, 8 & 9G 5 Door) is diesels -

FN is 3 door models (8G), such as FN2 CTR.

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,990 Posts
The CU mark in question may well be a 2013 registered but a MY12 as the MY13 wasn't introduced till March 2013.

·
Super Moderator
20,990 Posts
Yep.

So it will not have DAB and the iMid will be partially crippled.

On the plus side it will have the front seat bolt cosmetic covers and the tool kit in the boot.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm not fussed about DAB, coverage isn't great near me anyway. What are the iMid issues though? I've looked round the site but not found anything particularly descriptive.

Thanks

SR

·
Super Moderator
20,990 Posts
It is here somewhere......

The iMid has a number of 'trip' displays you can view.

Average speed, tank range, average mpg, etc ~

On the MY12, you have to be stationary, handbrake on, to change the view to your chosen display.

On the MY13+ you can roll round the various displays whilst on the move, like you can on the 8G, via a steering wheel button.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yep.

So it will not have DAB and the iMid will be partially crippled.

On the plus side it will have the front seat bolt cosmetic covers and the tool kit in the boot.

And last but not least: the filler cap of the windscreen washers cannot be lost easily! :grin2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts