2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Sorry if this has already been asked before as im new too all this but was wondering how easy it is too vinyl wrap your bonnet? and have people out vinyl on there front bumpers at the bottom too carry on the grill(if you know what i mean)
I have a big list off jobs for my ctr fn2 :(
Thanks alot

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers, Got a few stone chips and seen acouple off people hae done it now. Just not sure on prices etc. Think abit more googling is needed too find one.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Quite easy mate if there is two of you, just take your time

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Could pick up a sheet of vinyl for less than £20 probably. Recommend a heat gun. Just cut and overlap the corners underneath the bonnet and wrap underneath about 20mm so its nice and secure. Here's my effort:

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Its more or less flat... dont use heat especially for carbon... you can easliy distort the pattern. Work from the middle out.

Once you have "finished" then go over with a heat gun on light heat and use a cloth to wipe over. Dont use those plastic things... if u heat a spot too much again you can distort the pattern, you'll also see it in the sun :)

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Forgot to mention that part! Only heat for slight adjustments! But yeah it's an easy bonnet to wrap, only the two grooves.

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
Try and do it in a warm garage as it'll fly on due to the vinyl being softer if it's cold it's a battle to put on. Also don't buy cheap vinyl it's crap get something decent like hexis it's worth the few quid extra as if you decide to remove it or leave very very little adhesive.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Got a quote from Boss Dog in Dorking last week, was £150 but then they dropped it to £100

I cant do it at the moment but they seem to have a good rep

1 - 10 of 10 Posts