2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I've got a Civic 1.8 SE, and I'm halfway through getting it wrapped. At the moment it's Milano Red, but I'm changing it to "Dragon Fire Red" which is a fairrrllyyy similar colour.

I don't realllly want to phone the insurance unless it's necessary as I know they keep track of calls, and the more calls you make the more your premium goes up :) and as mine is already at £1000 a year, I don't really want it go get much higher.

Just wondered if anyone had any experience with slightly changing colours? Grills and other minor alterations? They know I have aftermarket wheels on and that only put it up by £2 for the year.

Thankya

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
I should think it depends on the insurer, who are you insured with?
I would guess he is with Admiral ??

It does vary from insurer and have still to inform Admiral of my mods. My policy is due for renewal now so I will let you know after I phone them myself. I have a feeling I won't be staying with them though as I'm sure I've seen others say Admiral do bump the price up for mods big time.

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
I would guess he is with Admiral ??

It does vary from insurer and have still to inform Admiral of my mods. My policy is due for renewal now so I will let you know after I phone them myself. I have a feeling I won't be staying with them though as I'm sure I've seen others say Admiral do bump the price up for mods big time.
Be careful of posting stuff like this, your reg is in full view and admiral could cancel your policy for non declaration - it has happened before.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep admiral, guessing they are the cheapest for younger drivers like me? Haha

Thought I mentioned it, anyway as they don't want people to phone then anymore I've put a "Add mods quote" request in to them from their site, so I'll let you know what insane number they come back to me with too.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok so Admiral have come back to me (Bank holiday, wow)

For a new front grill, parking sensors (maybe), Dash cam, it would be £55 extra...

The wrap doesn't matter as it's the same colour thank god, who knows how much they'd charge me if I changed colour.

Look's like I'll have to wait 9 months until my insurance ends to consider any real mods :( Dammit

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's "Dragon Fire Red" from 3M

Just saw it at the place today, looks awesome on the roll in the sun :)

Also update on the insurance, I asked for a second quote from them, grill, exhaust, dash cam, parking sensors, changing the dashboard colour ( don't realllly need to tell them but, declare everything! ) and an air intake kit... still £55.60. Now either they didn't understand that's a different quote, or it seems like they have different stages for mods, so visual = £55, performance = £155 etc etc?

Ah well, quite happy with that :D

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Yep admiral, guessing they are the cheapest for younger drivers like me? Haha

Thought I mentioned it, anyway as they don't want people to phone then anymore I've put a "Add mods quote" request in to them from their site, so I'll let you know what insane number they come back to me with too.
Hi, I'm 19 and Admiral have been the cheapest until now.
My insurance renews on my 20th birthday and aviva is far cheaper than what admiral can do. The guy on the phone tried very hard to keep me but couldn't give me it for the same price as aviva.

I'm not sure what aviva are like for mods though.
And just remember to add legal cover and a courtesy car, I've noticed a few insurers have dropped this from the standard policy now.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi,
When you're up for insurance renewal then please feel free to give us a try.
Regards,
Dan.
I will do, but I'm 21, with a lightly customised not-that-performance car, didn't think Adrian Flux was interested in anything less than either heavily modified or performance car?

21 Posts
I will do, but I'm 21, with a lightly customised not-that-performance car, didn't think Adrian Flux was interested in anything less than either heavily modified or performance car?
Hi,

We'll look at insuring virtually anything! Regardless of how modified your car is we should be able to help. You'll also get the Civinfo forum discount!

Kind regards,
Dan.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
My premium wasn't impacted with Churchill and came in at £209 for the year with my 11years ncb. I am considerably older than 21 though as well.

My mods are a custom catback, k&n panel filter, footwell lighting, skunk2 gear knob and wind deflectors so no bhp gains.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
For a new front grill, parking sensors (maybe), Dash cam, it would be £55 extra...
That's weird they charged you, i phoned up Admiral couple of weeks ago to enquire about a cost for eibach spacers, wind deflectors and declaring an alloy colour change. All they did was charge me a £19 admin fee and add 'Exterior decorative modifications' to my cover note.

I'm now feeling I should double check and confirm this!

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's weird they charged you, i phoned up Admiral couple of weeks ago to enquire about a cost for eibach spacers, wind deflectors and declaring an alloy colour change. All they did was charge me a £19 admin fee and add 'Exterior decorative modifications' to my cover note.

I'm now feeling I should double check and confirm this!
Wow, they consider spacers to be exterior decorative? I did ask about changing the colour, and a few other mods and they still gave me the same £55 fee. So I'm guessing it's because I'm 21 it might cost more?

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Wow, they consider spacers to be exterior decorative? I did ask about changing the colour, and a few other mods and they still gave me the same £55 fee. So I'm guessing it's because I'm 21 it might cost more?
Think mine was about £55 for lowered spacers and type r body kit, and they all came under exterior decorative, don't like admiral at all though, there a total rip off, was about £200 extra for me to add tinted windows I didn't bother in the end it was more money than the tints themselves!

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Think mine was about £55 for lowered spacers and type r body kit, and they all came under exterior decorative, don't like admiral at all though, there a total rip off, was about £200 extra for me to add tinted windows I didn't bother in the end it was more money than the tints themselves!
Ooookayyyy that's tinted windows off my list, thank you :)

·
Premium Member
121 Posts

I was charged around the same for the tints. Got a quote from Bell declaring them but in the end I went for Admiral with no mods declared.

A week later I got an email saying 'we see you received a quote from one of our sister companies with a modification so we've gone ahead and added tinted windows to your current policy and we'll take £200 for the privilege k bye'

Bit cheeky lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts