2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
ciVinfo resident
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Average speed cameras mean just that! no good speeding up to tailgate me at the camera. Stupid nutter!

·
Innuendo Queen
1,706 Posts
Loadsa people do it though, I've noticed on my commute! Maybe they just wanted to be friendly with you Ed?

And what exactly is the point of that random 30 mph non-average camera, pray?

·
ciVinfo resident
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Loadsa people do it though, I've noticed on my commute! Maybe they just wanted to be friendly with you Ed?

I take no notice of that 30mph flyover its dangerous to brake from 50 to 30. why are people still going 60 or so, aint they activated yet ?

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
ive never seen an average speed camera flash or do anything, i think theyre just a deterrent more than anything to keep speeds down in areas of road works

·
Unofficial Trader
1,295 Posts
There is no 30 mph non-average camera...just the 30 mph sign so you can know you are driving into the 30mph zone (canning town). Also the 6 cameras you see overhead (above the 30mph sign) are the exit cameras. These cameras are what would calculate your average speed....

Cheers
M

·
Unofficial Trader
1,295 Posts
ive never seen an average speed camera flash or do anything, i think theyre just a deterrent more than anything to keep speeds down in areas of road works
To be honest I dont think they have been activated mate. Although they dont flash. To know if they are active you would see the infra red light (red) in the camera

Cheers
M

·
Innuendo Queen
1,706 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the average speed cameras don't flash anyway.

The 'SafeSpeed' option on my satnav (basically tells me if there's a camera) absolutely loses its mind at that junction. So there's definitely a camera. But you could well be right that it's covering the junction rather than the A13 itself. All the other cameras appear to be doing the same (i.e., only at the junctions).

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
avg speed cameras dont flash. they calculate the time its taken you to go from point a to point b and if you 've done it in under the posiible time, i.e. you've been speeding, you'll get a letter in the post, no picture to start with but they do work. imho a damn sight better than the roadside gatso type as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts